What keeps you from making healthy meals for your family? 2 things hold me back:
- having to come up with the idea of what to make
- recipes that take too long to put together
So today I am helping you out by providing links to 5 recipes that I have made repeatedly for my family. To get made repeatedly in this house they must be kid friendly, budget friendly, healthy and quick! Sounds pretty good right? So here we go!
5 Healthy Recipes
- Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Bowls: this recipe takes less than 10 minutes to throw in the slow cooker in the morning. About 20 minutes before dinner, you cook the rice, cut up a few accompaniments and shred the chicken. My kids also like to add a few tortilla chips for some extra crunch!
- Linguine with White Clam Sauce: I always have minced clams on hand so I use those in place of the whole clams the recipe calls for. I also eliminate the anchovies if I don’t have them. The recipe is delicious either way! Add a salad on the side and you have a quick, healthy dinner!
- Fried Rice Restaurant Style: this recipe is very fast once the rice is cooked. I usually cook extra rice when I am making it for another recipe and then use it in this recipe a few days later. The rice works better in fried rice when it is a little dried out. I also double the carrots and peas to up the veggies. This is a meal by itself or you can serve it with pot stickers you can buy in the frozen food section.
- Mexican Bean Salad: if your kids don’t eat beans this will be a hard sell:( Lots of kids do, though, so I wanted to throw this in! On nights you don’t want to cook, nothing is easier than this. Here it is with a side of shrimp.
- Spaghetti with Oil and Garlic: Delicious and oh so simple! You can serve with a salad or green beans.
So there you go! 5 recipes that are kid-tested, delicious, healthy and budget friendly – which one of these healthy meals will you try first?